SAFEGUARD AFFF SUPER CONCENTRATESGENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Safeguard brand AFFF SUPER CONCENTRATES is a superior quality super foam concentrate for extinguishing and securing polar fuel based fires. It is mainly formulated by hydrocarbon surfactants, C6 based fluorocarbon surfactants, solvents, preservatives and buffers.AFFF SUPER CONCENTRATES (MSDS) can be diluted with water at particular ration to make the following types of AFFF Products:
- AFFF, Type 1
- AFFF, Type 3
- AFFF, Type 6
- It is formulated with environmental benign C6 fluorocarbon surfactants free of PFOA & PFOS. Hence it is environment friendly.
- It forms a protective membrane between the fuel and the foam as it contacts the water-miscible fuel. It has superior knock down, burn back properties and post fire security
- It is suitable for extinguishing & securing Class-B (Non-polar fuel fires) as 1%, 3% & 6% as applicable.
- It can be used with fresh, brackish & sea water. It is compatible with all dry chemical powders extinguishing agent.
It is used in high risk areas where various types of non-polar fuels and chemicals are stored, processed, or transported. Typical applications include fuel storage tanks, process areas, power stations, marine terminals and offshore platforms.
AFFF formulated with super concentrates is easily proportioned using conventional standard proportioning equipment such as portable and fixed In-line Inductors, hand line nozzles/branch pipes with pick-up tubes, balanced pressure bladder tank proportioners around the pump type proportioners etc.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:
- Appearance : Viscous liquid
- pH at 20oC±1oC : 6.5 – 8.5
- Specific Gravity at 20oC±1oC : 1.02 – 1.06
- Pour point : ≤0oC
- Spreading coefficient at 20oC±1oC : ≥ 3.0
- Expansion at 20oC±1oC : 6-10
- 25% drainage time at 20oC±1oC : > 100 sec
STORAGE & HANDLING:
SAFEGAURD AFFF Super concentrates should be stored in the original supplied package for getting a long shelf life. It can also be stored in stainless steel containers. The product should be maintained within the recommended temperature range.
20 L, 30 L, 200 L HDPE containers or as per customer requirements.