SAFEGUARD FIRE RETARDANT (FR)GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
SAFEGUARD FR (Fire Retardant) powder is a proprietary mixture of fire retardant salts, clay & other additives and it does not contain any halogenated or organo phosphorous compound.It is the ideal tool for slowing or stopping the spread of fires and render them non-flammable in the following ways:
- Vapor phase reactions disrupt the free radical oxidation process.
- Endothermic reactions act as heat sinks, which reduce temperatures.
- Char promoters act as insulators and protect underlying polymers.
BRAND & TYPES:
- Very Effective for Fire retarding
- Increases the Flash Point of Article
- Does not decolorize the article
- Creates a protective coat that adheres to the surface
- Nontoxic & environment friendly
- It, after dilution with water, can be used for preventing & extinguishing wild-land fires.
- It can be used for coating of clothes/paper/straw to prevent catching fire
- It can be used as fire extinguishing agent for A-class fire.
- It can also be applied in the vicinity of fire to protect area from catching fire & retard a fire's progression
Mix FR powder into water and keep stirring with stick until it dissolved. Apply FR solution to cloth/straw etc through spraying until it gets thoroughly wet or dipping the item into the FR solution for at least 15 minute & dry it. Repeat the process at least 2 times to get better performance. Don’t use water for washing of treated items. Always use dry cleaning process.PROPORTIONING:
Use 12-14% Fire Retardant powder in water to make fire retardant solution which can be applied through extinguisher to extinguish class –A fires. This solution can be used to prevent & extinguish wild-land fires using appropriate fire fire fighting equipment.TYPICAL PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES:
STORAGE & HANDLING:
- Appearance : Powder
- Solubility in water : Soluble
- pH (10% soln) 20oC±1oC : 5-7
SAFEGAURD FR should be stored in the original supplied package for getting a long shelf life. It can also be stored in HDPE bags/containers. The storage place shall be free from dampness & direct sunrays.PACKING:
25 kg/50 kg HDPE bag/containers or as per customer requirements.