SAFEGUARD Protein Foam (PF) is manufactured through hydrolysis of granulized keratin protein such as hoof and horn meal with other additives at a particular temperature & pressure.
BRAND & TYPES:
SAFEGUARD PF, Type: 3
SAFEGUARD PF, Type: 6
- The foam is totally free from fluorine content. It is non-toxic & readily biodegradable and hence ECO-FRIENDLY.
- Protein foam produce a homogeneous and cohesive stable foam blanket on the fuel surface that has excellent heat resistance and drainage characteristics including post fire security
- It is suitable for extinguishing & securing Class-B fires like gasoline, kerosene (Non-polar fuel fires) fires as 3% & 6% as applicable.
- It can be used with fresh, brackish & sea water. It is compatible with all dry chemical powders extinguishing agent.
It is used in high risk areas where hydrocarbon fuel and chemicals are stored, processed, or transported. Typical applications include fuel storage tanks, process areas, power stations, marine terminals and offshore platforms.PROPORTIONING:
SAFEGAURD PF is easily proportioned using conventional standard proportioning equipment such as portable and fixed In-line Inductors, hand line nozzles/branch pipes with pick-up tubes, balanced pressure bladder tank proportioners around the pump type proportioners etc.TYPICAL PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
- Appearance : Brown liquid
- pH at 20oC±1oC : 6.0 – 7.5
- Specific Gravity at 20oC±1oC : 1.04 ± 1.14
- Pour point : ≤ (-) 5oC
- Expansion at 20oC±1oC : 6-10
- 25% drainage time at 20oC±1oC : > 100 sec
STORAGE & HANDLING:
SAFEGAURD ECOFOAM should be stored in the original supplied package for getting a long shelf life. It can also be stored in stainless steel containers. The product should be maintained within the recommended temperature range. If the concentrate freezes during transport or storage, thawing with gentle remixing will render the product completely usable. The spills of foam concentrates or foam solution should be handled as per local regulations.
LR as per IMO, EN & BIS approved
UL-162, ICAO, DEF.STAN, ISO, FM
20 L, 30 L, 200 L HDPE containers or as per customer requirements.